Happy Global Handwashing Day! Good hand hygiene is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread of COVID-19 and one of the simplest. Handwashing (or using hand sanitizer when not near soap and water) can help protect us and the community.
Did you know:
- Handwashing can reduce diarrheal diseases by 30% to 48%.
- Handwashing can reduce acute respiratory infections by 20%
- Hand hygiene plays an important role in reducing transmission of outbreak-related pathogens such as cholera, Ebola, shigellosis, SARS and hepatitis E.
- Regular handwashing can reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 infection by 36%.*
More than ever, we need to spread the word about the importance of clean hands! Get involved today by sharing one of our #GlobalHandwashingDay social media messages or downloading some of our resources to use in your home, school or business. Let’s make handwashing a habit 365 days a year!
* Statistics source: Global Handwashing Partnership 2020 Factsheet