This year may look different than in the past, with less-crowded restaurants and more quiet dinners at home. But you don’t need to go out to dinner or get expensive gifts to make it a special occasion. Show the Valentine in your bubble that you care by making the place they call home a little bit better. Who wouldn’t appreciate a clean home? Don’t know where to start? You can follow our list!
- ALWAYS read and follow the directions on the label for effective and safe use of cleaning products.
- ALWAYS keep cleaning products out of reach from children and store them up and away when not in use.
- It’s amazing what some general vacuuming, dusting and tidying up can do to improve the look of a space and your mood when in it. While there are some key spots to focus on, don’t forget to give the rest of the place a once-over.
Our survey data indicates that cleaning the bathroom is often the chore least-enjoyed, so taking it on will likely be most appreciated.
- Many bathroom products need time to work, so by waiting after spraying, you can make your job much easier. Check our room-by-room cleaning guide for more tips on cleaning the toilet, shower and more.
- Toss any dirty towels in the hamper and hang a clean set.• Check if products like hand soaps and other toiletries need replenishing.
- Wipe down counters, mop the floor and clean up any spills, like in the microwave or on the backsplash.
- Replace the sponge and refresh dish soap, paper towels and other cleaning supplies as needed.
- Bonus points for appliance cleaning. Wipe down shelves in the fridge and clean the stovetop.
- Gather dirty laundry and get a load started in the washer! Our laundry basics guide can help answer any questions you may have about separating lights and darks or picking the right wash cycle.
- For extra points, strip the beds, wash the sheets and pillowcases then replace with fresh bedding.
Check out CleaningInstitute.org for more information and for any troubleshooting while you clean. Happy Valentines Day!