Saving energy doesn’t have to be hard! In fact, when it comes to cleaning, it’s pretty easy, if not easier (and less time consuming). Check out these tips and share yours in the comments.
- Unless your laundry is very soiled or is stained with blood or other contaminants, wash in cold water! About 90 percent of your washer’s energy comes from heating the water, so this is a great tip!
- Take your clothes out of the dryer promptly and hang them up or fold them, reducing your need to iron. What a time saver!
- Pre-treat stains to avoid having to wash them more than once.
- Dust off appliances, electronics, light bulbs, and office equipment to keep them operating at top capacity.
- Check your refrigerator door’s seal to be sure it’s clean and tight.
- If your house has a sliding door, take a moment to clean the track so that cold and warm air won’t escape.
What have we missed? We can’t wait to see what you have to say!